Probably you have the habit of snacking on ice cream just after finishing your meal. But, since you are on a keto diet, how about changing that with a healthy low-carb side dish like Loaded Cauliflower.
Being on keto diet myself, I found that it’s hard to ditch all eating habits at once that’s why it’s better to adopt new healthy habits (*).
Also, keeping track of your macros consistently is not easy. In fact, calculating your carbs and proteins is easier than keeping track of your fat intake. And here comes a side dish to the rescue.
Apart from being great for keto, loaded cauliflower is also very simple to prepare. It will take only 10 minutes of your precious time. And the best thing is that loaded cauliflower suits every season of the year.
Table of Contents
What Is Loaded Cauliflower?
If you ask me I will say it’s definitely one of my favorite side dishes on the keto diet. It’s considerably low in carbs and high in fats which makes it keto-friendly.
Also, it’s very filling while being low in calories at the same time. This makes it easier to eat less and fight cravings, especially if you are trying to lose weight.
Is Cauliflower Low-Carb?
It is not only low-carb, it is the hero of all low-carb diets, but that doesn’t mean you can eat it freely. This veggie provides 2 g of net carbs per 3.5 ounces but doesn’t contain any fats.
Cauliflowers can be eaten mashed, bakes, steamed… You decide how to use them. They are present in this recipe for the amount of nutrients and fibers it contains which may be lacking in the whole diet.
So, can we substitute it? Yes, but it won’t be loaded cauliflower anymore. However, some changes we are going to make will provide us an amazing keto-friendly side dish.
This part is where the biggest changes are made.
Some of you may think that loaded Cauliflower is not healthy. We are using butter, sour cream, and cheese which are high in fats.
Ironically, on the keto diet, we need fats for weight-loss. These ingredients are loaded with healthy fats that can get you easily into ketosis or boost ketones’ production.
You should always read the label before you buy any ingredient as some of them can be marked sugar free but they might spike your insulin levels.
Here is what you need for the recipe:
- Unsweetened Butter
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Hand Mixer/ Processor
- Large Bowl
- 1 large head Cauliflower Cut into small florets
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 3 tbsp Butter Unsweetened and grass-fed
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Bacon bits Cooked
- Salt and Black pepper To taste
- Put cauliflower florets into a pan filled with water and leave it on the htovel on medium heat until the water boils.
- Once it's ready, dry the cauliflower and place it into the processor or in a bowl if you will use a hand mixer.
- Mix the cauliflower until fluffy. Then add garlic powder, butter, and sour cream and mix until forming a light dough. Add chives and cheddar cheesethen season it with salt and black pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients by hand.
- Once it's ready, top it with slices of bacon and the remaining of cheese and chives.
- Put in the microwave or you can serve immediately.
Wondering what to eat on a keto diet?
We provide you a 7-day keto plan with our top picks dishes. We made sure that you will get low-carbs and high-fat meals with the most tasty flavors. And, of course, we want it to be for everyone, that is why it is a Plan on Budget.