Keto diet is the most delicious low-carb diet because of the amount of fats it has. Even though it focuses mostly on vegetables, there are tons of tasty low-carb recipes like the keto broccoli salad.
Like any other recipe, I’m all about simplicity. That’s why this is one of my favorites. No special equipment needed. If you own a plate and a stove you are good to go. You can use an oven if you prefer cooking the bacon instead of grilling.
Table of Contents
What Is A Broccoli Salad?
As the name indicates, it is a simple salad made of cooked broccoli, a dressing, some type of meat (bacon used here), and other low-carb ingredients.
On a keto diet, this meal can be served in lunch or in dinner depending on how much time you have to prepare it.
Most of the time, I do intermittent fasting with the keto diet. So, I prefer getting the broccoli salad as my first meal of the day along with another keto-friendly meal.
With this, I make sure that I count the calories in order to stay on point with my diet.
Is Broccoli Low-Carb?
Adjusting recipes to be keto-friendly is all that we do here. But, for the veggies, there are things that we are unable to change. That’s why we have to choose low-carb vegetables from the beginning.
The short answer for this is YES. Broccoli is low-carb. In fact, it provides only 1.7 g of net carbs per 3 oz (*).
How To Make A Low-Carb Broccoli Salad?
The time considered to prepare and cook a Broccoli Salad can be more than 30 minutes but that doesn’t make the recipe any harder.
I still insist that the recipe is so simple. You just have to mix the ingredients fresh and cooked. That’s it. No extra time to put in the oven or to wait for it.
The only thing that you should be careful about here is the carbs. Always make sure you read the label before you purchase anything.
For example, the mayo that we are going to use should be sugar-free or considerably low in carbs. It’s not easy to find in the supermarket. That’s why it is important to read the label.
Ingredients For The recipe
Here is what you need:
- Broccoli Heads
- Cheddar Cheese
- Slices of cooked and crumbled Bacon
- Red Onion Chopped
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and Black pepper for the taste
Keto Broccoli Salad
- 3 Cups Broccoli Florets Chopped
- 1/4 Red onion Sliced into thin pieces
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 4 Slices Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- 4 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- Prepare the broccoli in a medium pot filled with water and leave it on the stove for 2 minutes.
- While waiting for the broccoli, prepare the dressing. Put the mayo, apple cider vinegar, salt and black pepper in one bowl and stir the mix.
- Once the broccoli is ready and drained, put it in a deep plate and add onions, cheddar, and cooked bacon.
- Mix all the ingredients with the dressing.
- Serve Immediately.
Wondering what to eat on a keto diet?
We provide you a 7-day keto plan with our top picks dishes. We made sure that you will get low-carbs and high-fat meals with the most tasty flavors. And, of course, we want it to be for everyone, that is why it is a Plan on Budget.