Good news for those who want to lose weight. Finally, we have a new type of diet plan called “Keto diet” with it you can lose as many fats as you want in a healthy way without starving yourself or overwhelming about what to eat and what to avoid.
The keto diet works for fat loss by putting yourself into a metabolic state called ketosis once your body runs out of carbs and use fats as fuels.
Sticking to such a diet is not easy, knowing that your metabolic state will change completely, you will be no longer relying on carbs for energy but on fats, and you might experience some side effects along the way.
Some people are more likely to quit on the first day, that’s all goes back to the lack of guidance or the loss of motivation.
But don’t worry we are going to guide from A to Z and you’ll see how simple the process is.
Because we believe in simple things to achieve enormous results. Yes, that is exactly the description of a Keto Diet.
In fact, over the last couple of years, this type of dieting gained huge fame not only because people were fed up with traditional ways for weight loss but also because of the availability of keto for everyone.
Now, doctors are recommending keto, athlete found it amazing to enhance their performances and thousands of people found stunning results.
If you tried it before we want to hear your feedback and we’ll be happy if you try again our 7-Days challenge.
If you are new here, don’t worry we’re going to do all the work needed for you.
Of course, you need to do all the research in order to know if you are suitable for a Keto Diet. Seeking a doctor or professional advice is crucial especially if you take ANY SPECIAL MEDICATION.
Table of Contents
What Is A Keto Diet?
A keto diet is similar to other low-carb diets in many ways. It is mainly a diet with low carbs and higher amounts of fat.
When you reduce your carbohydrate intake while increasing the amount of fat you eat, not to mention that the protein intake stays moderate and consistent, you put your body in a metabolic state called ketosis. At this stage, the fat, from your diet and from your body, will be burned into energy which has a lot of benefits on your performance as well.
Basically, on a keto diet, the body is fueled by fat instead of carbs which becomes converted into the liver by energy molecules called ketones. This is great to lose weight even while sleeping and without starving yourself.
How To Get Into Ketosis
There are several levels of ketosis. As long as you increase your level you will see better and faster results. Here are some factors that control your ketones’ production:
- Keep your carbohydrates intake as low as possible: It is recommended to eat 20 grams digestible carbs a day or less. The less you consume the faster it is to get into ketosis. Focus more importantly on the carbs as your main goal, you need to make it as close as possible to zero.
- Consume enough fat: On a ketogenic diet, your body shifts the fuel from sugar to fat. Of course, there are some symptoms that come along with this shift such as tiredness and brain flu, it can take days or even weeks to get used to it depending on the person but eventually, it will fade. To make sure that you get into ketosis faster, eat more veggies and low carbs foods like avocado or olive oil, it is important that you don’t feel hungry.
- Maintain an adequate amount of protein intake: A ketogenic diet is not meant to be high in protein. However, if you consume less than you need it can result in muscle loss and a decreased bone density. It is recommended to consume 0.7-1 gram per 1 lb of lean muscle mass. This means about 100 grams if your muscle mass is 155 lbs (70 KG).
- Exercise: It can speed your way into ketosis by burning more carbs while sweating. However, the main benefit of exercising is to keep blood flowing in your body in order to stay motivated to lose weight
- Keep your cortisol levels low: Cortisol is the hormone of stress, the higher it gets the worse it is for your health. It raises blood sugar levels in the body and that can prevent you from getting into ketosis. To keep it as low as possible, get enough sleep (7-8 hours per night) and avoid stressful situations if possible. I recommend giving brain-supplement a shot like melatonin and CBD.
How To Eat On A Keto Diet
There is no specific way that applies to everybody, but what I can tell from my own experience and what I’ve noticed from other people is that all you need to know that you have a certain amount of calories per day to stick to.
It can’t be simpler than that…
However, we firmly believe that not all calories are created equal that is why on a keto diet you need 70% of fats, 25% of proteins and 5% of carbs.
In fact, the more fats you consume the faster you get into ketosis and therefore the faster you can lose weight.
If you eat too many fats or calories in general, the effect can be reversed because no matter what you consume if you eat more calories than you need you’ll definitely gain weight.
Well, the answer to all this is simple: Eat less than your daily caloric intake. But how can you know that?
There is a great tool I’ve been using and I highly recommend it.
Also if you want to speed the process more, here are some of the best advice I got when I was starting and that helped a lot during my journey.
- Avoid Snacking: If it helps, add intermittent fasting.
- Get enough sleep and minimize stress.
- Be active, exercise frequently.
- Restrict Carbs and Get enough Fats.
7 Days Groceries List
Once you know all the macros you need per day, it’s time to shop for your 7 days of the keto diet.
Your foods must be balanced between daily caloric intake, and taste in order to enjoy it along the way. This is really helpful to keep you motivated. Also, the ease of preparation should be taken into consideration especially if you are not a kitchen person.
A grocery list for keto diet is nothing special, probably simpler than your regular list. Just make sure it includes moderate amounts of proteins, high fats, and low carbs.
Avoid bread, milk, yogurt… at any cost. It’s even better if you cut them even after the diet.
On the other hand, never neglect the importance of veggies, especially the low carbs ones since we are talking about the keto diet.
And yes, your mom was right when she stressed about their importance because a lot of keto’ side effects can be avoided if you eat enough vitamins and nutrients. However, their lack can affect your health in the long-term and supplements will never replace them.
Here is what you need to buy for the 7-day plan:
- Eggs (depending on your calories. We recommend 3-4 eggs per day which add up to 28 eggs per week)
- 200g Cheese
- 200g Chicken Salami
- 4 Avocados
- Coconut oil
- 200g of Broccoli
- 300g of Quinoa
- 200g Almonds
- 200g Walnuts
- 200g chia seed
- 250g Chicken Breast
- 1 Can of Tuna
- 200g Onions
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Large Cucumber
- A jar of Mayonnaise
- 500g Beef mince
- 4 green shallots
- 1 Large Cauliflower
- 100g Garlic
- 200g Sour cream
- 100g Butter
- 200g Button mushrooms
- Vanilla extract
- Baking Powder
- 100g chopped pistachios
- 2 large zucchini
- 4 Skinless white fish fillet
- 1 Mixed salad leaves
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 200g pecans
- 1 Corn cob
- Frozen peas
- 100g Parmesan
- 1 jar creme fraiche
- Chopped herbs
- 600g Beef fillet steak
- 100ml Brandy
- Waxy Potatoes
Diet And Meal Plan
- Breakfast: Boiled Eggs With Mayonnaise
- Lunch: Swedish Meatballs
- Dinner: Loaded Cauliflower mash
- Breakfast: Keto lemon mug cake
- Lunch: Baked chicken with thyme and sage butter
- Dinner: Mushroom soup with tarragon oil
- Breakfast: Keto Pancakes
- Lunch: Cucumber with Tuna boats
- Dinner: Fish and Chips
- Breakfast: Avocado, prosciutto, and pecan salad
- Lunch: Quinoa Salad and Broccoli
- Dinner: Chilled Colombian avocado soup
- Breakfast: Eggs with smoked Salmon
- Lunch: Smoked trout and herb frittata
- Dinner: Beef stroganoff
PS: I didn’t include snacks because this will help you lose weight faster. If you find yourself hungry and still so much time for your next meal, use nuts as snacks. But remember, this should be consumed moderately only when needed not when you crave it.
Is Keto Diet For You?
Before you embark on a keto diet, define what is your main goal from the diet. The common reason for choosing the diet is weight loss but it doesn’t have to be long term. It is highly recommended to get back to your normal routine once you hit your goals.
If you are an athlete, there is no harm in trying but you should do all the research needed considering the type of your sport.
In the end, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you prepared for some indigestion, at least initially?
- If you eat out regularly, can you find foods that meet your needs?
- Is this diet varied enough to keep you satisfied?
- Are these foods sports-friendly?
The Bottom Line
If you are reading this now and you made till the end, I want to say that you are an amazing person. You are determined to change which makes you halfway there.
Keto diet has changed lives and still changing to this day. That’s why I think that even though a 7-Day meal plan is valuable, it should be available to everyone.
7 Days may not be life-changing, but if you start with it the process will be much easier in the future. You can repeat these 7 days 2-3 times until you see the results you want.
If you go to the gym, you won’t see the results unless you exercise regularly for a long period of time. The same thing applies to your diet you have to stick to it for a long time but you don’t have to live the rest of your life on keto.
Just think about how to stay consistent and we will worry about your meals.